- Fast-paced, multinational environment
- Regional exposure
About Our Client
Our client is regional transportation solutions company which provide price competitive services, full transparency, and control throughout the transport process.
- Manage all procurement-related activities for company and specific accounts
- Create, manage, update, and maintain rate schedules, benchmark rates for new lanes for customer cost studies
- Manage transporter bids, analyze rates, and carrier selections; make decisions on awards while remaining compliant with the overall sourcing strategy
- Onboard new carriers to the customer network
- Resolve supply, quality, service, and invoicing issues with vendors
- Improve sourcing and purchasing strategies by review opportunities, analysing impact, and achieving improvement in total costs, service, quality and timely delivery.
- Advise internal and external on issues regarding purchasing Terms & Conditions
- Analyze historical data and freight pay data to ascertain changes, anomalies, or new opportunities within the network
- Evaluate transporter performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation
- Ensure department records are maintained in accordance with established policies, procedures, and audit guidelines
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in any related fields.
- 5 years of combined experience in carrier procurement and logistics/operations
- Very strong network in transport industry with transportation companies
- Solid understanding of transportation carrier contracts, all modes, transit time, and networks
- Understanding of mode rate structures (such as FTL, LTL, Haulage and Cross-border)
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package depending on experiences
- Conducive working environment that encourages growth