Supply Chain Director
Globally reknowned building materials manufacturer
Dynamic working enviroment
About Our Client
Our client is a highly reputable manufacturer of building materials with a presences in over 50 countries worldwide. They are currently aggressively expanding across Asia and are seeking highly qualified industry professionals to take on key leadership positions in Thailand.
- Streamline raw material, production and finished goods planning, inventory management, warehouse operations
- Vendor management and OEM development for key raw materials as well as finished goods
- Logistics (warehouse and transportation) - supporting domestic/international sales, efficient operations
- Identify strategies of cost improvements in direct and indirect materials, capital expenditures and transportation
- Ensure relevant supply management policies, practices and procedures are developed, maintained and adhered to
- Drive continuous improvement by utilising key performance indicators, metrics, tools, procedures and systems to achieve best-in-class performance
- Identify, build and maintain strong and enduring relationships with critical suppliers
- Ensure adherence to all regulations and compliance
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met as they relate to supply and import requirements.
- Participate in the strategic and tactical negotiation of major supplier contracts.
- Lead in the evaluation of in-sourcing strategies, assessment and deployment.
- Implement continuous improvement processes within the supply chain group, as well as with suppliers.
- Lead the effort in the design, development and implementation of integrated information systems within the manufacturing, materials, and distribution functions.
- Develop and retain a high performance supply chain team and acting as a coach and mentor
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master degree in any field (MBA preferred)
- 10 - 15 years of relevant experience in managing critical supply chain activities such as logistics, warehousing, inventory management, procurement, vendor management and customer service
- Candidate's with exposure to building materials manufacturing will have an added advantage
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, ability to communicate a compelling vision for the supply management organisation, and ability to drive results while developing a strong team
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally within the Group to drive business growth
- Fluency in Thai and English is essential for effective communication with all stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast pace, results-oriented environment under minimal supervision
- ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle) software experience highly desirable
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package, depending on experience
- Enjoy the opportunity to lead a large and established team as part of the senior leadership