Senior Director, Construction & Store Design (Retail)
Renowned retail & real estate conglomerate
Senior leadership opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an internationally renowned merchandising, real estate, retailing, hospitality and restaurant conglomerate.
- Spearhead the design development of the store concept, from initial research (location, budgeting and timing) to project execution.
- Involved in the initial phase of the store delivery process, assess new sites for fit and develop layouts
- Manage project reporting to include weekly construction progress reporting, budget vs cost pro-forma analysis, and weekly schedule and milestone updates.
- Initiate, liaise and coordinate all qualification and vetting, bidding, negotiation and awarding of construction contracts and direct purchase vendors.
- Manage each phase of the project including design development, internal and external design reviews, permitting, bidding, contracting, construction, store turnover and opening, project closeout, and assist with warranty items as needed.
- Responsibility for contract administration, change order review and management, invoice approvals, and verification of accurate accruals, insurance and lien waivers from contractors and vendors.
- Maintain project documents and drawings on shared portals to ensure quick and easy access by other internal departments.
- Manage the design development, present designs for internal review and approval and ensure dissemination of relevant documents to all internal business partners
- Timely, effective and accurate communication to all team members on project status, reporting, setting clear expectations and monitoring those set by others with integrity and transparency.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, Architecture or similar (MBA preferred)
- 10 years of relevant experience in managing critical operational and design activities, including in-store fixture design, planning and construction/refurbishment
- Minimum 5 years retail experience (covering department stores, shopping malls etc.)
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness, operations management, budget development and oversight
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, ability to communicate a compelling vision and drive results while developing a strong team
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally within the Group to drive business growth
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced, results-oriented environment under minimal supervision
- Fluency (spoken and written) in English and Thai is necessary
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package, depending on experience
- Enjoy the opportunity to lead a large and established regional team as part of the senior leadership group