Senior Accountant / Controller (APAC)
Exciting role with globally renowned conglomerate
Excellent regional growth potential
About Our Client
Built on a foundation of industry professionals and a great culture centred on excellence, team work, flexibility and work-life balance, our client is a globally renowned American multinational conglomerate. With the vision of significant growth in Asia, increased complexity of the business landscape and advances in technology, the need arises for a Controller to join the Oil & Gas division in Thailand.
1. Work closely with finance manager, global controllership team & key operational stakeholders to drive controllership involvement at the front end processes. Detailed responsibilities as follows -
- Drive simplification & process improvement initiatives to maximise efficiency
- Support on growth initiatives
- Provide & support commercial and operations leaders/teams to understand financial/accounting implications of transactions and other matters by providing expertise & technical accounting guidance on deals.
- Lead on local issues resolution (for example: revenue recognition) & communication to controllership.
2. Responsible for the overall financial statements accuracy, including quarterly closing activities, financial reporting, representation letter, financial controls, account reconciliations, pre-close, balance sheet reviews, enterprise resource planning, etc.
3. Ensure Controllership & Compliance of all Finance Activities & Documentation within Local Statutory & Taxes, Corporate & Business practices, policies & requirements.
4. Drive SOX certification, improper payment compliance, internal audit, site risk assessment.
5. Serve as a "Change Agent" by influencing, communicating & institutionalising a culture of simplification & standardisation within finance and across relevant functions at touch-points.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Sonia Fernandez on +603 2302 4042.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 5 years of audit and commercial experience
- CPA and/or background in audit would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of ERP (Syteline, Oracle CCL)
- Prior experience in regional Asia finance environment (e.g. foreign currencies, international taxes, statutory reporting etc.)
- Understanding of Thai and Singapore GAAPs is a plus
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to changes in response to new information, different or unexpected, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Positive attitude & 'can-do' approach; bring proactiveness, energy, passion & risk mindset
- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial and process issues
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex issues across a broad audience
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package (THB 90,000 - 130,000 per month, depending on experience)
- Enjoy the opportunity to lead a function with views of progressing into senior leadership positions moving forward
- Friendly and healthy work environment