Sales Manager - Global Valves Company
Valve knowledge and experience
B2B Sales experience in industrial distribution
About Our Client
Our client are world leaders for valves, pipes, fittings, and automation products. They operate in over 300 locations, with more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
- Work with the Regional and Industry Managers and their teams to provide country alignment, develop strategic industry related initiatives to achieve continued sales growth, identify and secure major opportunities including contracts and projects.
- Identify and develop relationships and plans with key decision makers within our targeted and strategic accounts.
- Develop and expand product range to meet customers' needs and grow sales.
- Identify and secure MRO contracts through knowledge of customer needs, technical requirements, target pricing, applicable contract requirements, and competitive analysis;
- Knowledge of competitors;
- Develop and continually improve product knowledge, pricing, and company systems, procedures, and strategy;
- Reporting and forecasting to ensure all the key stake holders are informed.
- Prioritise working safety across all aspects of the business.
- Exercise care in all activities; demonstrate safety leadership; address and report workplace hazards, injuries
- Achieve maximum profitability by meeting or exceeding gross margin goals through effective negotiation;
- Use nominated tools to document:
- Information on new projects, customer visit notes and major opportunities.
- Develop customer retention strategies by consistently illustrating the company's value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer needs;
- Perform related administrative functions in accordance with the company procedures to include quotations, order placement, delivery confirmation, processing changes and returns, and responding to messages and inquiries;
- Advocate and engage in promotion and maintenance of safety initiatives;
- Identify and communicate work in process, threats, opportunities, and related market trends as appropriate;
- Deliver superior service through consultative sales, preparing quality presentation materials, conducting demonstrations, detailing products and cost savings, determining customer needs and requirements, and offering solutions;
- Team has a clear understanding of business direction, sales goals, accountabilities, reward and consequence.
- Conduct reviews for all sales staff.
- Document personal development requirements for all sales staff.
- Manage behavior of employees to ensure compliance with all applicable management system policies and procedures. Including selling behaviors.
- Manage activities of employees to ensure compliance with the relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Undertake one on one coaching.
The Successful Applicant
- B2B Sales experience in an industrial distribution and/or engineering environment.
- Valve knowledge and experience
- Experienced in managing a team
- Strategic skills: setting, driving and adapting plans to suit the business environment.
- Previous industry experience (minimum of 5 years in similar role).
- Qualifications in Business, Engineering (Metallurgical or Mechanical) or similar and/or extensive relevant experience.
- Engineering or trade preferred with mechanical aptitude.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Thai
- Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside/outside sales, to include demonstrated sales negotiation experience;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others in one to one or group situations;
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, to include occasional overnight stays;
- Valid Driver's license with the ability to meet the company's vehicle policy.
- Ability to understand and comply with the company's guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Company car + Fleet card
- Global organisation