Project Cost Control Engineer (Rayong based)
Exciting role with multinational chemical company
Dynamic team, significant growth opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational chemical company servicing a variety of industries including packaging, energy, building & construction, agriculture and automotive amongst others.
- Provides estimates to evaluate various alternatives and support economic evaluations and cost estimates for project authorisation and execution purposes.
- Collects and correlates necessary project-related cost data needed to determine equipment, material, subcontract, construction labour, expenses and such indirect as engineering, taxes, etc.
- Evaluates project deviations in order to provide data to project team for decision making.
- Derives and communicates baselines for Cost Management.
- Develops and maintains cost reports, cash flow curves, and contingency analyses.
- Ensures accurate reflection of committed/spent funds, project deviation notices, field change orders, and project execution changes in all cost documents.
- Estimates costs of deviations and assesses impact on total project cost.
- Alerts the project team to critical cost management issues.
- Provides supporting data for project performance measurement, IPA bench-marking and project closure.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Sonia Fernandez on +603 2302 4042.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience within refinery, petrochemical or engineering/construction consultancy
- Understand budgeting & cost structure for the projects.
- Good knowledge of labour, services, materials, equipment, transportation, insurance, capital interest, import duty and taxes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and coordinate with multidisciplinary teams located in various locations.
- A proactive, results oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast pace environment under minimal supervision.
- Fluency (spoken and written) in both English and Thai is essential.
- Flexibility to travel and work in multiple locations across Pacific Region.
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package depending on experience.
- Friendly and healthy work environment.