Merchandising Manager - Bangladesh
Liaise with senior stakeholders
Lead and define the function for the company
About Our Client
Kaufland is the 4th largest retail organization in the world. Kaufland is Germany Headquartered Hypermarket chain with over 1,000 stores across Europe and Australia. They are known for their wide portfolio of products in categories including food, apparels, textiles, hardline etc. The apparels, textiles sourcing for their stores is majorly done from the Bangladesh market. They are looking to expand their sourcing operations in Bangladesh and hence, are looking to recruit a Manager Merchandising based out of their Liaison office in Dhaka, Bangladesh. They plan to grow the applicant in the next role as the successor for the Country Head
Reporting to the Country Head, you will be based out of Bangladesh and be responsible for -
- Managing the sourcing and merchandising for garment and home textiles from Bangladesh.
- Managing the sourcing of textiles and apparels across various categories with majority of the sourcing being in Knits category, supported by other categories including woven, denims, sportswear.
- Liaising with the stakeholders in Europe to be up to date with current market trends ad ensure the smooth flow of operations.
- Leading a team of 3 - 4 merchandisers
- Managing relationships with key strategic vendors in Bangladesh market, there by driving efficiency.
Page Group India is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a professional with more than 10 years of experience in managing the sourcing/merchandising of textiles. German/Austrian nationals or other Expat professionals who have worked in the European markets will be preferred. Strong hold over German language is must. This position will be the succession planning to the Country Head, hence, the client is looking for someone with excellent communication, leadership skills and the ability to manage large scale business operations
What's on Offer
- Expat Package
- Already planned grow to the next level
- Great Career Development within European Company Culture