Head of Procurement (Healthcare Sector)
Newly created role, start-up environment
Significant career growth opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a leading corporation who is investing significantly in the development of a sustainable healthcare sector in Thailand. Long-term plans include establishing a smart city surrounded by an ecosystem that will inspire a healthy, safe and interconnected society, which will feature hospitals, research & development centres, as well as teaching facilities.
- Responsible for the setting up the Hospital's policies and procedures for procurement of a broad range of products and services during the design and construct phases.
- Involved in sourcing, selecting, evaluating and negotiating with vendors to ensure that the products are produced at competitive prices.
- Conduct market research on a regular basis to develop alternative sources of supplies, as well as supervise a team of strategic sourcing staff and provide leadership and guidance in procurement activities.
- Integrate strategic procurement and materials management under single reporting line to drive synergies.
- Install best-in-class material management process to enable auto top-up ordering and volume-linked contracts.
- Manage purchase orders, liaise with warehouse on stock issues.
- Manage inventory levels - assist departments in initiating requisitions and orders.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or other related disciplines
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, with at least 5 years in the healthcare sector (ideally in a hospital setting)
- Knowledge in medical equipment purchasing
- Good leadership with capabilities to communicate a compelling vision for the supply management organisation, and ability to drive results while developing a strong team
- Excellent command of both English and Thai
- Ability to work in a fast pace, results-oriented environment under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of SAP purchasing module is an advantage
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary package, depending on experience
- Enjoy the opportunity to be part of a pioneering team to build an integral business within Thailand