Head of Commercial & Account Management, APAC
Fast growing organisation
Dynamic and exciting industry
About Our Client
Our client is a dynamic and diverse aviation solutions business with 25 years of industry experience and 600+ aviation professionals servicing more than 480 airports around the world. With its Asia Regional HQ based in central Bangkok and a strong foothold in Asia Pacific generally, the company is in a prime position to continue its growth trajectory in the coming years. Considering the growth in Asia Pacific our customer posesses a young, fast paced and entrepreneurial spirit/culture which is in the process of maturing.
The Head of Commercial & Account Management, APAC's key role includes, but is not limited to:
- Build and Manage highly effective Sales Team. Ensure that the Sales team is well functioning and that it is delivering upon commitments to customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure that existing customers are retained and harvested (Keep & Grow). Monitor customer satisfaction and contract performance. Prevent/reduce customer churn, manage contract renewals, achieve budgeted price growth and cross selling targets.
- Ensure that regional sales target and budget is realised and exceeded (Win). Participate in budget and forecast processes, and ensure that agreed revenue and profit contributions are met. Revenue generated from this region is planned to grow from approx. USD50M today to approx. USD100M by 2023.
- Build strong personal customer relations. Gain a strong understanding of customer's products, networks, growth plans and developments, through the Sales or Account Managers and regular discussions and meetings. Focus especially on high value / high potential customers.
- Develop contact with non-customer airlines. Open and develop contact with potential future customers to facilitate development of sales projects.
- Promote company solutions. Promote the brand and values of the company throughout the region, in close conjunction with Marketing.
- Develop team and succession plan. Agree clear objectives with direct reports and motivate them to stretch themselves and support them in creating development plans.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will
- Possess strong Asia sales and key account management experience and a track-record of growing a business
- Relevant aviation or logistics experience is an added advantage BUT NOT A MUST
- Have commercial experience in a sales cycle lasting approximately 12-18 months
- Have proven experience with business cases, pricing structures and formulating and executing sales and KAM strategy
- Have had experience working with multinational organizations or a cross-cultural company
- Be comfortable travelling 40%-50% of the time
- Have excellent written and oral English capability
- Understand the importance of leading and developing teams remotely and non-remotely
- Be a collaborative leader who encourages, motivates and provides a clear direction for his/her people
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast growing organization
- Have demonstrated a good level of independence and pro-activeness
- Strong analytical skills and able to maintain accuracy under pressure
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required
What's on Offer
Our client offers a fantastic platform for growth and development. This is a truly unique role in Bangkok which gives the right commercial mind the opportunity to help shape and mould a region.
A competitive basic salary and other benefits will be provided to the appropriate candidate.