General Manager - Technology (New Business Unit)
Opportunity to join large conglomerate
Mandate to build up new tech team
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest businesses in their field with international presence in 10 countries across APAC Region. Recently they have launched a new plan to invest heavily in technology business.
- Lead technology development for the company's services in Thailand.
- Oversee the technical operations for Thailand to provide required performance.
- Manage internal and third party vendor relationships that support development and operations, deciding when and where to buy versus build and when and where to employ new technologies within the business
- Participate in the development of the company's businesses from a technology point of view.
- Ensure alignment with finance processes, as well as content distribution applications and processes.
- Maintain excellence in quality of service to our customer and future technology understanding.
- Design technology org chart, recruit and develop technology team (mandate to hire tech team)
- Initiate and develop new digital application to support new services of the business
The Successful Applicant
- Substantial and broad management experience in tech sector including experience in a senior technical role and in leading and organising technical / applications development / operations teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of PMO, delivery processes and systems
- Good understanding of IT applications from Enterprise's perspective
- Experience of managing diverse teams across technology disciplines to deliver complex plans to time and budget
- Superior negotiating skills and experience in building relationships on business, corporate and cross divisional basis - experience of "outsourcing" environment e.g. working with third party tech vendors
- Team management experience - including the ability to develop individuals and progress their careers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for new technology in particular to B2C business
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career Advancement to Executive Level
- Mandate to build up Tech Team
- Standard benefits at GM level