External Sales Representative (Rayong) - Global Valves Company
Valve knowledge and experience
B2B Sales experience in industrial distribution
About Our Client
Our client are world leaders for valves, pipes, fittings, and automation products. They operate in over 300 locations, with more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
- Model and demonstrate the behaviors required to build a culture that supports a strong, integrated and successful company business.
- Participate in the development of plans for specific regions.
- Support the implementation of the company's strategy.
- Provide input into strategy planning sessions.
- Identify, qualify and develop new customer opportunities across the full pipe, fitting and valve range.
- Propose and assist development of tailored customer value propositions.
- Effectively negotiate orders to extent of personal DOA (refer orders outside of DOA to appropriate sales manager for approval).
- Gather market intelligence in relation to competitor activity and assist the analysis of industry trends and opportunities.
- Participate in weekly / monthly reviews of sales performance to assist with implementation of contingencies when required to achieve targets.
- Maintain effective relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Proactively report events and circumstances that may have a material impact on the reputation of the company; Resolve / escalate customer complaints in accordance with business policy.
- Assists in the collection of outstanding debts.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with customer contacts including procurement, engineering, logistics, maintenance, planning and contracts.
- Conduct Field technical support activities to maximize spend opportunities and add maximum value to customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal business partners, including Supply Chain, Engineering,
- Credit team and Operations (to allow for proactive prevention of DIFOT failures).
- Visibly and positively support and drive changes to the company's business that facilitate the development of the Company Strategies
- Support and drive the implementation and integration of common systems, processes and polices
- Ownership and implementation of Customer Quality Plans.
- Apply Quality Management processes.
- Report any observed non-conformance or departure from established procedures.
- Participate in the development and improvement of quality processes.
- Comply with all QSE policies and procedures.
- Report any observed risk or departure from established procedures.
- Participate in the development and improvement of safety and environmental performance.
The Successful Applicant
- B2B Sales experience in an industrial distribution and/or engineering environment.
- Valve knowledge and experience.
- Previous industry experience (minimum of 5 years in similar role).
- Qualifications in Business, Engineering (Metallurgical or Mechanical) or similar and/or extensive relevant experience.
- Engineering or trade preferred with mechanical aptitude.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Thai
- Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside/outside sales, to include demonstrated sales negotiation experience;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others in one to one or group situations;
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, to include occasional overnight stays;
- Valid Driver's license with the ability to meet the MRC vehicle policy.
- Ability to understand and comply with the company's guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Company car
- Fleet card
- Global organisation