Demand Planning Manager (Chemicals/Plastics)
Fortune 500 American Manufacturer
Multicultural, dynamic working environment
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high performance chemicals. The company is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognised brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
- Develop the aggregate demand plan and supporting assumptions on a monthly basis for the sales and operations planning work process by working with sales professionals.
- Ensure forecasts are updated by sales team monthly and flawless data integrity.
- Develop, document, update and challenge the factors and assumptions supporting the demand plan.
- Prepare and facilitate the monthly demand review meeting as a part of the integrated business planning process focused on preparing and delivering the long term demand forecast including analysis of major deviations from prior demand plans.
- Develop, maintain and utilise forecasting and communication tools to accomplish tasks related to management of demand in the region (e.g. forecast accuracy metrics, demand dashboards).
- Assist in the development of annual business plans and resulting presentations.
- Monitor performance to the monthly, quarterly and annual demand plans. Measure and report actual vs. planned performance overall by market segment, sales territory, product family and mix.
- Provide training to employees in all aspects of demand management and forecasting.
- Act as the focal point for supply planning and assist in the resolution of issues related to supply and demand imbalances, product allocation and deviations from planned inventory levels.
- Participate in the development of what if scenarios to resolve supply and demand imbalances.
- Lead the weekly sales and operations execution meeting focused on reviewing open orders to ensure short term estimate are met.
- Lead and participate in project teams focused on delivering improvements in business operations (e.g. Business Service Standards, Pricing Excellence, S&OP Redesign, etc.).
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Supply chain, or related business field
- 6 years' experience in Supply Chain Planning (Demand, Supply, Inventory, Sales & Operations) required
- Candidate's with exposure to top chemical or FMCG companies will have an added advantage
- Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly
- Ability to interpret financial implications and make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- SAP basic competence in Supply Chain modules (APO)
What's on Offer
- Multicultural, dynamic working environment
- Opportunity for robust career development