Business partnering CFO role, newly created position based in Pakistan
Dynamic & fast-paced environment
About Our Client
Our client is a trusted partner and group of companies based in Pakistan with a diversified range of businesses. They continue to invest in resources within the country and internationally, hence the current need to look for a high calibre CFO to join the team in this growth and transformational journey.
Reporting to the Group CFO and the business unit CEO, you will be overall responsible for all aspects of financial and management reporting for the business. Your role is to drive the financial strategy of this sizable business including but not limited to financial business planning and budgeting, accounting, taxation, treasury and insurance. You will ensure the company have an optimal capital structure and maintain strong financial controls in preparation for more aggressive expansion plans. You will work closely with the CEO and BOD for effective decision making for maximizing returns on investments, minimizing tax incidence through efficient tax planning, mitigating internal or external risk and maximizing company's overall profitability. Leading a team across the country, you are a motivational and inspirational leader, coaching and providing leadership for the continuous development of the finance function.
The Successful Applicant
While the company is not entirely new, they want to take it to the next level of growth and a strong CFO would be required to assist with this positive transformation and change management. Our requirements:
- Degree qualified CPA/CA with at least 15 years relevant working experience in a progressive organisation or multinational
- Industry exposure to the industrial or manufacturing sector would be highly advantageous (chemicals, petrochemicals, life sciences, agribusiness, food production etc.)
- Demonstrated track record in your ability to lead a sizeable team, act as a good business partner in a leadership role and have experience in driving finance transformation projects
- Must have experience working with the financial institutions and familiar with large financing projects
- Commercially savvy and have experience across full aspects of finance including treasury, tax, corporate finance, forex and financial planning & analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with confidence and gravitas to build relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders (auditors, bankers, investors, etc.)
- "Hands-on" and strong appetite to work in a fast-growth environment and is self-motivated
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and possess an entrepreneurial mindset and capability
What's on Offer
An excellent career opportunity with long term career prospects with a fast-growing conglomerate with overseas expansion plans.